Sunday 2 November 2014

Autumn Fashion!

                    Sweater Weather!

Autumn is my favourite weather and it will always be. It's the only time of year where I can layer my clothes without sweating or looking like a marshmallow. Also I love the colour palette for the season. It's not bright nor is it dark, kind of in the middle, warm colours I guess? The only problem is that it doesn't last long. After a month, it starts snowing and out comes the puffy coats and snow boots. It's not that you can't be fashionable during winter but come on, a metre of snow in -20 degrees Celsius. I would probably be wearing the same winter coat and boots all season long. I don't have the money to buy warm but beautiful winter coats and boots. T^T


Anyway, back to talking about autumn fashion. I personally think that knits are autumn essentials. They're just so warm and fuzzy(depending on the type of yarn). Here's a video on how to style knits by Jenn Im from Clothes Encounter.



Aren't scarves also part of this season essentials? Well at least they are for me. They are a simple item that can accentuate your outfit and it also keeps you warm. I used to think that there were only like 3 ways to wear a scarf but I was wrong. Here's a video tutorial on 25 different ways to tie a scarf but Wendy from Wendy's Lookbook. Also here's a site to learn on how to buy the right scarf: Guide to buying scarves



Boots are also an essential right? But I'm more of a chunky boot kind of girl so those are the only types I have excluding my winter ones. Knee highs just make me look shorter than I already am so they don't look good on me. I usually stick with ankle boots like these ones.

Finally here's 3 lookbooks that I used a lot as inspirations for my outfits this season.


This one is by Weylie from ilikeweylie. She's the girly girl with a bit of quirk. 
This one is by Jenn Im from Clothes Encounter like I mentioned at the begging of this blog. I don't know if you noticed but I'm in love with her videos.



Last one is by Stephanie from Soothing Sista. She is Jenn Im's best friend so you often hear them mentioning about each other in their videos or doing collaborations. 


So there's going to be a bit of music in today's blog. This week Taylor Swift released her first pop album and, of course, I went to Target and purchased the deluxe edition. I was totally surprised by the pictures that 
came along with the album. They were gorgeous! I listened to it for the first time this morning and I've had it on repeat since then. I'm actually writing this blog while listening to it! Current favourite songs from the album are Bad Blood, Wonderland, Wildest Dreams and, of course, Shake It Off. I also purchased Black Veil Brides' self-titled album. I listened to it and was a bit disappointed. Their style changed a bit and to tell you the truth I prefer the old them. I still love their music
and the message they're trying to send to their fans. I was saved by their music during my first years of high school where I was extremely depressed and suicidal. To those who don't know them, they're a great band and not some depressing emo band you think they are. Also don't judge by the cover, they're not satanic or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment